This website, including the mobile and online applications, (the "Site") is operated by VHR Data, LLC ("VHR Data"). This Privacy Statement (the "Statement") describes VHR Data's collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site. This Statement applies to the national version of the Site, located at www.almostperfectauto.com, as well as to any versions of the Site that VHR Data operates, including versions or pages that VHR Data co-brands or private labels with its newspaper and broadcast affiliates, third-party distribution partners and other partners (collectively, "Affiliates"). For example, you may have arrived at a co-branded version of the Site from an Affiliate's website, in which case, that Affiliate will be clearly identified at the top of the home page of this Site. In this Statement, VHR Data refers to those versions of the Site as "Affiliate Versions." Please be aware that VHR Data may share any information you submit through this Site with Affiliates, as described below. During your visit to any Affiliate Version, the Affiliate may independently collect other information from you.
For purposes of clarification, this Statement also describes VHR Data's collection, use, and disclosure practices with respect to any personally identifiable information and Usage Data (as defined below) that is provided to VHR Data by any of its third-party distribution partners that display VHR Data vehicle listings.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. VHR Data automatically collects Usage Data (as described below) and may collect ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the type of car you are looking for). VHR Data collects personally identifiable information only when you make it available through your use of the Site We also publish toll-free phone numbers for many of the dealerships that list vehicles for sale on the Site. If you dial one of these phone numbers, VHR Data or a service provider operating on VHR Data's behalf may record the date, time and length of your call and the phone number from which the call originated, along with other information that may be captured. Any Usage Data (as defined in the next section) and/or personally identifiable information resulting from such calls may be used as described in this Statement. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide will depend on the nature of the submission, but could include your name, address, phone number, email address.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
IP Address Logs: VHR Data also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses - the location of your computer on the internet.
Cookies allow VHR Data to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site's forms, it may be stored in a cookie, so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows VHR Data to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of VHR Data advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what website you went to). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by VHR Data to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site's features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of VHR Data through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Statement as "Usage Data."
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by VHR Data through your use of the Site, through your providing an email address to receive promotional or other communications via email, or through your providing a mobile number to receive coupon(s) or other communications via call, text or SMS, may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by VHR Data for any of the following purposes:
To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you a price quote or other information you have requested, VHR Data may share your contact information and content interests with a participating VHR Data dealer and/or manufacturer).
To deliver coupons and other marketing communications via text or SMS, which, by providing your mobile number to VHR Data, you have expressly consented to receive.
To follow up on any request that you have previously made (e.g., VHR Data may contact you to determine whether the dealer and/or manufacturer responded to your original request).
To communicate with you regarding the VHR Data service (e.g., VHR Data may send you emails or call you to confirm a price quote request or to notify you that you have received a lead regarding a vehicle you have advertised or to request that you participate in a survey).
To send promotional materials, newsletters or other content via email, text message, or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion from VHR Data, you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters, text messages, and promotions.
To permit third parties (to whom VHR Data may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes) to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages. You agree that the seller or other third party may use an autodialer to text or call, and that a portion of any call may be pre-recorded. To improve your user experience.
To manage VHR Data's business and its relationships with Affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which VHR Data may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement.
For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
Usage Data: Usage Data is used by VHR Data for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, VHR Data may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Your use of VHR Data products or services will not be limited if you opt out of receiving telemarketing calls or texts. However, you agree that VHR Data may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, changes to this Statement or the VHR Data Terms of Service.
Mobile-specific information we may collect
VHR Data collects mobile information such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, and the content of your request, which does not by itself identify you, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you may consider personal. VHR Data will only collect location-based information with your permission (this may include when you use location-based products and services on the Site, and/or turn on location based services on your mobile device). This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit a partial address to look at a map of the area. All requests must be sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. For information regarding your carrier's treatment of your information, please consult your carrier's privacy policies.
VHR Data shares the personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
1. Affiliates. VHR Data may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates' disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
2. Requests. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that VHR Data may share personally identifiable information with third parties as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you use the Site's "Email the Dealer" form in a vehicle listing to request a price quote from a dealership, VHR Data will share the information you entered with that dealership (or its designee). If that vehicle listing was provided by an automobile manufacturer on behalf of a dealer, VHR Data may also share the personally identifiable information you submit as part of the request with the automobile manufacturer and/or its affiliates. Similarly, if through the Site you request additional information from a financial institution, VHR Data will share your information with that institution. Personally identifiable information also may be included in reports to these third parties, but only when you have intended to submit the information to the third party as described above. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices and VHR Data does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
3. Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by VHR Data and a third party, VHR Data reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
4. Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is VHR Data's policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third-party direct marketing materials, VHR Data may share personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although VHR Data will notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
5. Service Providers. VHR Data may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including, among others, providers of analytical, attribution, development, promotional, research, credit card processing, technical and other services. For example, VHR Data may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf.
6. Email List Opt-Outs. In the event VHR Data sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform VHR Data you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, VHR Data may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
7. Other. VHR Data expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Site, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of VHR Data. Further, if you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, VHR Data reserves the right to disclose such information to third parties, including, without limitation, insurance companies and VHR Data's Affiliates and third-party distribution partners.
Please note that the messages that VHR Data sends to you to confirm, fulfill or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from VHR Data or its partners. In the case of these messages, VHR Data is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. VHR Data reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Email a Page
The Site offers you the ability to email certain pages of the Site to a friend or other third party. If you choose to use the "Email a Page" functionality, your name, email address and any message you are allowed to include will be visible to the recipient of the email. The "Email a Page" functionality is for informational purposes only and may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including any harassment or threats. Information collected by VHR Data through the "Email a Page" functionality shall be used in accordance with this Statement.
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as "Updated". Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
Our data center providers take steps to keep it physically secure in their data centers and it is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by their policy. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, VHR Data cannot guarantee or warrant 100 percent security of its servers and databases. Moreover, VHR Data cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
This Site contains links to other sites. While VHR Data encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies that build users' trust and confidence in the internet, VHR Data is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
If you would like to obtain more information about the practices of some of these parties, or if you would like to make choices about their use of your information, please click here:
More information and additional consumer choice options may be found here:
VHR Data adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
2018 VHR Data, LLC, 5858 Park Valley Rd Schnecksville PA 18078